"Discovering Singapore's Best Kept Secrets" Former St Andrew's Mission Hospital
Discover the history of the former St Andrew’s Mission Hospital for Women and Children in 5 Kadayanallur Street, which was opened in 1923 by Lady Guillemard, wife of the Governor of the Straits Settlements. This Modernist style wedge-shaped building with an airwell was designed by Swan & Maclaren, and houses one of the oldest lifts in Singapore.
Meeting point: Main Entrance of Former St Andrew's Mission Hospital
*Kindly arrive 15 minutes before the start of the tour as the tour will begin on time.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring along a bottle of water.
Electronic or printed ticket(s) must be presented in order to join this tour.
Please take note of the following:
• Once all tour slots are filled, we do not accept walk-ins.
• No exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
• This tour is for persons aged 18 and above.
• The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour.
• By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
Terms, Conditions, Indemity, and Personal Data Protection
Please also be reminded of the terms and conditions attached to the visit, as well as Indemnity and Personal Data Protection terms attached.
These are as follows:
(1) All images taken during the visit will not be used for commercial purposes
(2) All participants must remain in the presence of the guide(s) at all times
(3) Any postings made on social media or elsewhere shall not put the property in negative light
Personal Data Protection and Indemnity
The "Discovering Singapore's Best Kept Secrets" Singapore Heritage Festival 2019 series is organised by the National Heritage Board in partnership with the Singapore Land Authority and Jerome Lim of The Long and Winding Road (“Organisers”). By participating in the Activity, the participant:
(a) Agrees and consents that the Organisers may use and disclose his/her photograph(s) and/ or his/her personal data for publicity purposes;
(b) Agrees to the Organisers’ collecting, using and disclosing his/her personal data as provided in this form and his/her photograph(s) taken at the Activity for publicity purposes in any of the Organisers’ printed publications, on their website and/or other social media sites including without limitation, Facebook, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all subsidiary legislation related thereto;
(c) Acknowledges and agrees that the participant is not entitled to any form of compensation for the use of such personal data and photograph(s) by the Organisers; and
(d) Has voluntarily assumed full responsibility for any risk or loss and injury that may be sustained by him/her and agree to release and hold harmless the Organisers from and against any and all causes of action, claims or other liabilities of whatever nature and howsoever arising out of or in connection with his/her participation in the Activity.
For more enquiries, please email NHB_SHF@nhb.gov.sg.
- The event description was updated. Diff#416150 2019-03-07 05:19:05
10:00 AM - 11:45 AM SGT
- Former St Andrew's Mission Hospital
23 March 2019, 10am - 10.45am FULL 23 March 2019, 11am - 11.45am FULL
- Venue Address
- 5 Kadayanallur St, Singapore 069183 Singapore